Tabasco® Garlic frittata
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cutting down on carbs? Frittattas are a flavourful protein-packed option that can be made on the weekend to enjoy Monday – Friday. To change it up, you can pour the preparation on puff pastry for a delicious, more indulging option.
- 1 package of turkey or chicken bacon
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 to 5 roasted garlic gloves
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut in strips
- ½ zucchini, cut in strips
- 450 ml egg whites
- 1 pkg 285g/10oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or use fresh)
- 150g fat free ricotta cheese
- 120g fat free mozzarella, shredded
- 120g reduced fat Swiss cheese, shredded or cut in small strips
- 15 ml of Tabasco® Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Chop and heat the bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan over medium heat and cook the onion, pepper, zucchini, garlic until tender.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, cheeses, Tabasco®, salt and pepper.
- Add the warm vegies, bacon and spinach to the cheese mixture.
- Spray a 10-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into the dish. Bake in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Tip: Bake the night before and keep in the fridge if you can resist that long!