SERVING: 10 Servings
- 10 ears corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
- 2 cups leftover cornbread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb. butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch corn in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Remove corn from water and rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the corn on medium-high, turning until all sides are lightly charred.
- Place cornbread, cream, milk, and salt into a small pot and simmer until all cornbread is soft (approximately 10 minutes). Transfer to a blender; slowly process gradually turning up the speed until the mix is very smooth. Add TABASCO® Sauce and then slowly add the cubes of butter until all butter is emulsified into the mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a medium pot. Once hot, add the popcorn kernels and cover with lid. Once you hear the popping slowing down, pull the pot off the heat. Season with salt.
- To plate, cut the grilled corn into 4 pieces, drizzle with the cornbread butter and top with popcorn and chives.