Beer Queso Nachos
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 8 cups (2 L) tortilla chips
- 1 loaf (8 oz/250 g) processed cheese product cut into small cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp (15ml) of TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lager beer (or ginger ale)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes to warm chips.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Slowly add the cheeses in small amounts, stirring constantly with whisk, until melted. Add TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
- In medium bowl, mix beans and salsa. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
TIP! Nachos are easy to customize. Reduce the fat by using baked tortilla chips. Add extra flavor by piling on the vegetables.